1. Submit the online adoption application.
2. The foster home will contact you as soon as possible (please be patient, we all have regular day jobs).
3. References, landlord and veterinarian are contacted.
3. A home visit is conducted so that we can see where the dog will live and get to know you better, and give you a chance to get to know us.
4. A meet and greet is scheduled to ensure the dog will accept all family members and pets.
5. Adoption contract is completed, records are turned over and the dog goes home with its new family.
Add $25 for adoptions outside the state of Iowa to help cover the cost of the mandatory health certification exam for any dog crossing state lines.
Founded in 2005, we are a foster home-based rescue group run by dedicated volunteers. Our dogs live in foster homes as family members with the same love, care and attention they would receive in an adoptive home.
We provide training, socialization, vet care and evaluation for all of the dogs in our care. All of our dogs are vaccinated, microchipped, and spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
GSDRI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization licensed by the state of Iowa.
German Shepherd Dog Rescue of Iowa, Inc. is a no-kill, non-profit organization that, through education, training, and fundraising, is dedicated to caring for and finding good homes for all German Shepherd Dogs that are abandoned, neglected, or in need of assistance for any reason.
3315 Williams Blvd SW #2-101
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402